Interesting Facts about Stromboli!!!!
Some interesting facts are:
- The rock is over 2000 years old!
- Stromboli has erupted in 2011 and still currently erupting!
- Stromboli is right in the middle of the Aeolian Islands
and north of Sicily.
- It is a Stratovolcano.
- It's elevation is 926 m (3,038 ft)
- The easiest route to get to the top is to........ hike.
- Stromboli has had one continuous eruption that has been lasting for almost 20,000 years!!!!
- The largest eruption of the last hundred years occurred in 1930, and resulted in the deaths of several people and the destruction of a number of houses by flying lava . Large eruptions occur at different times of years to decades, and the most recent large eruption began in 2002, causing the closure of the island to non-residents for several months. The eruption started with a lava flow along the "Sciara del Fuoco" army force that rapidly reached the sea.